Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Carson Pass


I crossed the Nevada state-line in South Lake Tahoe.

I was back in California.

My next hurdle was the Sierra Nevada Mountains.


A major winter snowstorm was coming. A few of the mountain passes were already closed.


I continued south on Rt. 89 to Grover Hot Springs State Park.



Grover Hot Springs has geothermal pools open to the public for wading.



A road crew informed me the pass on Rt. 4 was closed.


I doubled-back on Rt. 89. I reached Rt. 88 and headed west over the Sierras.



The grade to the Kit Carson Pass was steep.



Luckily, the Carson Pass was clear. Just a little ice on the road.


I entered the El Dorado National Forest.



The GPS started to let me down. It didn't label a reservoir.



I passed through some ice and slush, reaching Kirkwood Meadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment